We’re always on the lookout for talented and passionate individuals to join us. If you’re looking to create positive change, we’d like to hear from you. Feel free to apply for any open positions. If you don’t find one that’s relevant, contact us to email us your credentials for future recruitment.
Communications Manager, KPOP4PLANET
KPOP4PLANET is a young and fast-growing platform that aims to mobilise international K-pop fans to take part in climate action. Its work encompasses a wide range of digital and offline campaigns to reduce global emissions and keep temperatures within an increase of 1.5C, as mandated by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). KPOP4PLANET is a project of Action Speaks Louder Ltd, a registered a non-profit organization in Australia.
The platform is composed of fandoms worldwide, including in South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines. Our core values are as such: cooperating with fans from all races, genders, sexualities, and beliefs to achieve climate justice. In other words, KPOP4PLANET empowers fans to act on the most important global issue right now.
About Action Speaks Louder
Actions Speak Louder Ltd (ASL) is a start-up not-for-profit galvanising people around the world to hold major corporations to account for their climate promises.
We’ve got a great international team linked to a network in over 20 countries, and a strong track record delivering outcomes from multinational companies.
You are a media specialist with an excellent understanding of traditional and new media. You are also a leader with a track record of building supportive and strong work cultures and impactful narratives. You love to think outside the box.
You’re looking for a meaningful role with a team ready to change the world (or give it a shot). You are fearless in communicating with various stakeholders to explore solutions for the unprecedented climate crisis. By sharing your skills and networks, you value solidarity with and support future generations.
About the role
ASL is a registered Australian charity with a diverse and energetic international team.
This role is about setting and implementing a communications strategy using culture keywords and inducing industries’ positive actions. We’re looking for a leader, but we’re also looking for someone who loves to get their campaigning hands dirty.
Our focus is on keeping companies honest on climate and pushing for more ambitious action. We need a person who understands media’s role in changing people’s habits and companies’ policies. But we also need someone comfortable developing a young organization and committed to creating a strong culture of fairness, innovation and successful campaign delivery.
This is a role where it’s really possible to leave a mark.
The position will be closely linked to an international team of peers and partners in key countries. Further information will be provided to candidates selected for the interview.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating planning processes, including the development and implementation of media strategy
- Advising on messaging for Kpop4planet’s campaigns
- Building media contact databases for its campaigns
- Preparing pitch content for media
- Developing relationships with key journalists
- Producing audio and video content in cooperation with campaigners and social media teams
- Working with influencers to support their effective contribution to campaign communications
- Managing web content with digital team
- Supporting junior team members to develop and implement high impact campaigns
- Demonstrated earned media experience.
- Demonstrated experience producing communications strategy to support campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience producing campaign messaging, which reflects research, audience segmentation and campaign goals.
- Experience producing AV content for digital media and television.
- A demonstrated understanding of producing or coordinating with social media strategy.
- High-level interpersonal communication skills.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A significant opportunity to shape and grow a dynamic new international organisation, with existing connections to global philanthropy;
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape and continuously develop your role;
- Competitive remuneration (relevant to location).
Location: ASL is located in Australia, but we welcome applications from Asia-Pacific
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please send your CV and a short cover letter in English addressing the job criteria to the following email address: K4P@kpop4planet.com
Please indicate “Kpop4Planet Comms Manager Application” in the subject line.
Applications close on 6 Jan, 2023
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated confidentially.